TheUtah Politick

Personal political rants. My opinion means nothing to you.

Since government cannot separate politics and religion, neither will I.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Behind Closed Doors

Canadians are known to be a very tolerant society. I can't give specific examples because I usually ignore our neighbors to the north. However, I just read about a court decision removing the ban on group sex.

Supposedly, swingers clubs cause societal harm. When events occur behind closed doors and stories stay there, I can't understand that claim. Consider "gentlemen's clubs." Few people want to live in a neighborhood near such an establishment, but most joints maintain a sense of decency and respect their community. However, when stories of prostitution leak from these clubs, people generalize all similar clubs to be equally disgraceful when there are just a few bad apples.

Having never been to a swingers club or gentlemen's club, my argument is based on assumptions and opinions. I'm just trying to say that if swinging floats your boat, you should be allowed to do it...in Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home